Pals is one of the most picturesque towns on the Costa Brava, thanks to its Gothic period old quarter which has been carefully and completely restored to its former splendour.
The village stands on the top of Puig Aspre, and the municipal boundary reaches as far down as the coast, boasting a very long beach, ideal for water-sports. Characteristic of the area of Pals are the rice paddies, inheritors of the swampy environment that used to be there and which add charm to the area.
El Pedró, the historic quarter of Gothic origin, with a Medieval atmosphere and buildings, is the most attractive part of the municipality, which has other locations of interest such as the landscape of the old rice paddies and the dunes.
- Visit Pedró, a historic quarter of Gothic origins, and lose yourself among the cobbled streets.
- Enjoy the views of the plains of Empordá and of the Medes from the Josep Pla vantage point.
- Walk among the municipality’s rice paddies and the dunes.
- Enjoy the sand and sun on the long beach of Pals.
- Practice playing golf on either of the municipality's two golf courses..