In the historic centre of Rupit there are old stone houses from the 16th and 18th century, many of which still feature the date and names of their founders. They have beautiful porches and entrances, worked windows, wooden balconies and crests.
The streets of Fossar and Església are worth a special mention, as well as the Plaça Major and Plaça Cavallers. At number 12 on Carrer del Palau is the Notaria Soler, a notarial mansion which dates from the 14th century. The main door is voussoired with the Soler family crest. Ca l'Apotecari (now Cal Mestre), la Ferreria (Herrería) and Can Sallent are other remarkable buildings. Details from these last two were used for the reproduction of a Rupit house which is on show in the Pueblo Español in Barcelona.
The church of Sant Miquel Arcángel (17th century) can also be found in the same area. It is Baroque in style, with Neoclassical elements, crowned with a semicircular arch, made of stone, with five small conical columns. The altarpiece is of special interest, acquired in Olot in 1878, and the stone bell tower, built between 1786 and 1869.
The old parish church, located on the path from Rupit to Mas del Pendís, was that of Sant Joan de Fàbregues. Originating from the 11th century, it’s a Romanesque building with one single nave and three apses arranged in a trefoil shape and the octagonal dome which is crowned with a skylight. It was restored in 1976.
Upon a rocky summit, on a bend in the river of Rupit, is the Church of Santa Magdalena (18th century), featuring a door with a lintel and a nave with a barrel vault.
As well as the historic centre and the churches, other important architectural elements are the bridges such as that of Can Badaire, located over the river of Rupit, which was used to cross from Rupit to Susqueda and was reconstructed in 1983. The Hanging Bridge is also a must-see, built in 1945 and renovated in 1994, over the Rupit river.