The municipality of Alt Àneu offers visitors an ancient tradition and a rich heritage, both natural and cultural. A network of paths communicate the eight villages that form the municipality, located in the valleys of Àneu, at the northern extreme of Pallars Sobirà.
The municipality has impressive pine tree and fir tree forests. Its location, close to the Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici National Park, multiplies the possibilities of going on excursions in the natural landscape of the Pyrenees.
The traditional Pyrenean architecture characterises these villages, which extend along the bottom of the valleys. The remains of the castle of València d'Àneu, the churches of Sant Joan d'Isil and Sant Llorenç d'Isavarre or the monumental ensemble of Son are some of the most remarkable tourist attractions of the municipality.
- Visit the remains of the castle of València d'Àneu.
- See the churches of Sant Joan d'Isil and Sant Llorenç d'Isavarre.
- Visit the monument ensemble of Son.
- Attend the fallas of Isil.
- Go on an excursion through different villages along the old paths or climb up to one of the lakes and peaks in the area.
- Practise skiing in the forest of Bonabé.
- Visit the landscapes of the Alt Pirineus Nature Park.