Cambrils is a town of legends, of tales of the sea, of pirates, sailors and farmers. Thus, when you reach Cambrils, the first thing you need to do is know where the beach, the harbour, the historical centre and the public parks are, so you can create your own tales of adventures.Adventure in a legendary town
The beach is great to play, swim or simply sit by the sea side, which is shallow and allows you to play with ships and balls easily, under adult supervision.
The oases with swings on the beach are great places to rest and have fun on the sand. In order to enjoy a safe vacation, you should always keep a cap and a good sunscreen lotion on hand.
It's great to cover the 9 kilometres of coastline, a flat path that is not tiresome to follow, on foot, skating or on a bicycle, because you can go anywhere in Cambrils on a fun bike lane that is over 20 kilometres long and which will allow you to discover all of its corners.
Furthermore, if you pay attention, when it's lunchtime or dinnertime in Cambrils, you can hear the knives and forks struggling in the plates and the town is filled with the scent of seafood. Rest assured that family-certified restaurants have got special menus for kids, with finger-licking food.
It can be great fun playing in the parks in Cambrils, as in the Pescador or Pinaret parks, because there are always kids playing outdoors in the good weather, and they can run, play on swings, around fishing boats or simply observe the native Mediterranean flora.
If you come on Monday through Friday, you can see the fishing boats return to the harbour (except for May and June). Now that is fun! When they make landfall, you can play at guessing which fish the fishermen are unloading in the harbour, next to the Fishermen's Guild, which will later be sold in the village.
To finish the day and before going to rest in the lodgings in Cambrils, those that are certified as Family destinations have a children's club, surprising activitie,s and a bunch of advantages for children.YOU CAN'T MISS IT:
Cambrils has a tourist train that reaches the old centre of Cambrils, the most historical area in town, with narrow and beautiful streets, busy shops and, sometimes, activities for children. Furthermore, in the historical part of town, there is an Agrobotiga, the place where the produce from the local farmer's cooperative is sold, delicious seasonal fruits and vegetables, and oil that is simply delicious when soaked on bread.
There is a secret corner in the harbour from which you can best see the sun setting on the West, at the end of the Nautical Club Harbour. To get there, you need to walk among yachts, sporting boats and beautiful ships.SOME RECOMMENDATIONS AND USEFUL WEBSITES:
- Tourist Train: The route followed by our little tourist train is ideal to know the historical town centre and the fishing harbour.
From Easter to Octoberwww.cambrils-turisme.com
- Nautical Activities: The Costa Daurada Nautical Station is at your service to offer an active day in the beach, with proposals for all tastes! www.estacionautica.info
- Samà Park: A historical botanical garden catalogued as a Cultural Feature of National Interest. www.parc-sama.es
- Pescador Park. In front of the harbour and the beach, with Mediterranean and Tropical vegetation, three children's zones and a pond with eucalyptus trees.
- Pinaret Park. Located in the Historical Centre, with a forested area with picnic tables, paths and a children's area
- On the beach: 7km of beaches, with spaces for kids such as play centres and kid's oases on the beach, under the shade of palm trees.www.cambrils-turisme.com
- 9 km of coastline you can discover walking around or enjoying the bicycle lane www.cambrils-turisme.com
- Sports: pitch & putt, segway, beach sports This is a Tourist Sports Destination!www.cambrils-turisme.com