Cloister of the Sant Joan de les Abedesses monastery Cloister of the Sant Joan de les Abedesses monastery

The Paths of the Bishop and Abbot Oliba

Туристические маршруты

Категория маршрута
История
Дистанция, км
228
Муниципалитеты по пути
Estany, l', Manresa, Monistrol de Montserrat, Sant Julià de Vilatorta, Sant Pere de Torelló, Santa Maria de Besora, Esquirol, l', Tavèrnoles, Tavertet, Vic, Vilanova de Sau, Rupit i Pruit, Camprodon, Molló, Ripoll, Sant Joan de les Abadesses, Vallfogona de Ripollès, Vidrà
Туристический бренд
Пиренеи
Карта
Описание

The paths of the Bishop and Abbot Oliba is a route through the Romanesque art which links up the counties of Bages, Osona and Ripollès using the Bishop and abbot Oliba as the common linking connection.

Of all the architectural and artistic tendencies that have existed up to the present day, there is no doubt that the most wide-spread is the Romanesque. The counties of Osona, el Bages and Ripollès are the counties most representative of this huge heritage. All of the cities or town in our counties have, or have had, a church or other type of building constructed in this style. Romanesque art brings us together and gives meaning to this project. Therefore Romanesque art and architecture are present as an integrating force in “Catalunya Central”, and they constitute an ideal reason for reconsidering the importance of each part of the territory, getting to know the landscape, the cuisine, the traditions and all that Central Catalunya can offer tourism.

The principal examples of Romanesque art found along the “paths of the Bishop and abbot Oliba” are:

The Episcopal Museum of Vic: the Episcopal Museum of Vic holds a magnificent collection of Romanesque paintings and sculpture master pieces, and works from the Catalan gothic epoch.

The monastery of Sant Pere de Casserres: Sant Pere de Casserres is one of the most important buildings of Catalan Romanesque architecture. Concretely it belonged to the Benedict order of Osona.

The monastery of Ripoll: the monastery of Santa Maria was founded around 879 by count Guifré el Pilós (Wilfred the Hairy). It was fundamental in the development of Romanesque architecture. Its restoration between 1863 and 1893 mark the period of plenitude and then the end of the Catalan renaissance movement.

The Monastery of Sant Joan de les Abadesses: The monastery was founded around 885 by the count Guifré el Pilós and destined for his daughter Emma. It profoundly influenced the life of the village.
The importance of its library, archives and the book of songs of the trobadors, Catalan medieval poets, bear witness to the important cultural life in the monastery.

Местоположение

Координаты GPS X: 2.18947282513803, Y: 42.2010027068291
Фотографии