The history explains that Aleix was a captain of the Austrian troops, three years after the end of the War of Succession in 1717, he returned to his home town and built the mas and where he offered refugee to old migueletes (veterans from the Catalan revolt, in the 17th century). The property of Mas de l'Aleix spans 17 hectares of vineyards, olive groves and woods on the outskirts of Renau, amidst a natural environment, ideal for those who love tranquillity and privacy. It is only 15 kilometres from Tarragona and twenty kilometres from the coastal town of Salou.
It consists of three separate fully equipped houses (ldining room, kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms) with a total capacity for 16 people and with the possibility of an extension to twenty. Each house has its own pool. The farm also has a badminton area, bowling green and table tennis.