The building currently housing this establishment was built in the 15th century as a retirement home for the elderly monks of the monastery of Poblet, on the grounds of which was one of the most active Cistercian farms in the area. The castle eventually acquired its present appearance, including its walled enclosure, as from 1860, when an extensive restoration began with its acquisition by Pedro Gil y Babot.
The apartments are classically decorated with restored antique furniture, in an elegant atmosphere. They also have a pool and a garden, an outdoor hot tub and a barbecue. Guests can perform a wide range of outdoor activities to benefit from the environment, which is surrounded by 180 hectares of vineyards and forests at the foot of the Serra de Prades.