Price from 320 EUR
Parc Nacional d'Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici is one of the most spectacular mountain scenery in the Iberian Peninsula.
Located in the Catalan Pyrenees, is the only national park in Catalonia and one of the first reported nationally. With an area of 40.000 hectares, including 4 districts of the 13 ones existing in the province of Lleida: Val d’Aran, Alta Ribagorça, Pallar Sobirà and Pallars Jussà.
Because of its granitic nature, it encloses a high concentration of glacial lakes, an amount of 200, and as well as its characteristics crooked waters or "aigüestortes" as part of the evolution of the geomorphology of the national park landscape. In winter, when the snow coats its sharp peaks and lakes get covered in the white element, we can enjoy a pleasing snowshoes activity for everyone to look closely at the wonderful Parc Nacional d'Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- 2 nights in the Val d'Aran in 3* hotel in double room for Bed and Breakfast (AD) in Vielha.
- Transportation by 4x4 van from the hotel to the starting point of the activity (roundtrip).
- 2 snowshoes activities in the Parc Nacional d'Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici (6-7 hours per day).
- Ultimate equipement (aluminum and canvas shoe, "no plastic") and telescopic poles.
- Accredited National Park Guide with flora, fauna, geomorphology, meteorology and snow science as well as tradition and culture of the Val d'Aran. Language: Spanish, English, French, Catalan and Aranes.
- Accident and liability insurance. (Check the conditions here)
Excursions from December to April.